1. We are happy to be welcoming back Rachel Arceri as our head coach this year! She will be joined again by Shannon
2. To register, please return the enclosed Swimmer Commitment Form with your membership renewal or no later than June 5, 2021 with
payment. $50.00 per swimmer (capped at $125 per family). This includes a cap and t-shirt for your swimmer. Please note that early sign up allows us to better prepare going into the
season, getting accurate counts for the t-shirt order to have them in time for the first meet.
3.The Meet Schedule will be unique this year in order to keep the crowd sizes at a manageable level. Meets will be broken up by age
a.Swimmers 10 Years Old and Younger will swim on Tuesdays
b.Swimmers 11 years Old and Older will swim on Thursdays
c.There will only be 4 meets, swimming against each club one time
d.League Meet will also be broken up by age groups and taking place over 2 days:
i.10U: Saturday, July 31 AM
ii.11-12: Saturday, July 31 PM
iii.13-15 & Open: Sunday, August 1, AM
e. The schedule is posted on the website.
f.PLEASE LET COACH RACHEL KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO MISS A MEET,
PREFERABLY 48 HOURS AHEAD OF TIME. It is difficult to set up meet line-ups and the more advance notice the coaches have of an
absence, it will make setting up the meet line-up a little easier!
4. Meet timing remains the same. Warm up begins at 5:00pm and swimmers should be at the pool no later than 4:45pm. The
meet will start at 6:00pm.
5. Practices are held Monday-Friday mornings. First practice is Monday June 21, 2021
a. 8:00am-9:00am: 11& Up (Optional 7:30am start for swimmers who want extra
b. 9:00am-10:00am: 10 & Under Swimmers
6. EVERY FAMILY MUST VOLUNTEER TO WORK 2 OF OUR HOME MEETS. We have enough families in the program where each family only
needs to volunteer to work two meets. A change this year will be a family will be fined $50 if you do not volunteer at least twice. Volunteers are critical to the successful running of
the meet. As in past years we will use Sign Up Genius for job selection. More details can be found on the included Meet Volunteer SignUp Letter.
7. Please join us for a Swim Team Kickoff Meeting on Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 10am to find out the news and plans for the 2021 swim
season. You will meet the coaches and re-connect with your swim team friends. The coaches and coordinator will be on hand to give an overview and answer any questions. The kickoff
is for all families new and returning, so please try to attend.
a. Different Strokes will be onsite to fit our swimmers with our team suits and any
gear you may need. The suits will be the same as last year.
8. Team and individual pictures will be taken during the season. Date TBD
9. Private lessons are optional and available. Please see coaches for more details if interested
10. Swim Team Volunteer Needs. If we are able, we will need assistance in coordinating a couple of events to make this a fun
and exciting year for our swimmers.
a. Fire Up Breakfast Chair: Friday July 30, 2021
b. Coordinate the sales of Happy Ads for the League Meet program
c. Assist with the set up and planning of the team banquet - Tentatively planned
for the afternoon/evening of Sunday Aug. 1, 2021, following the final League Meet Session
Thank you to all the parent volunteers during last season and in advance for this upcoming season. We could not do it without
Communication: The Coaches and Swim Team Coordinator try to be as available as possible and please do not hesitate to contact us with
questions or concerns. The best way to contact us is through e-mail for the coaches or e-mail/text for the coordinator. The Swim Team Director is Dan Henry. He can be reached at
email@example.com. The head coach can be reached via e-mail to report absences from meets or other issues. BHSCswimcoach@gmail.com. Also, please visit our
website www.burtonhollowswim.com to opt into for the text message program to receive last minute updates.